Danny Lee Lives

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Pusan Film Festival '08


I arrived in Pusan, South Korea - after a mere 16 hours! I, like many of you, am not a fan of flying! But luckily I flew Korean Air where they have a superb selection of entertainment. I got to enjoy an interestingly simple film called THE PROMOTION, starring John C. Reilly and Seann William Scott. They both play endearing supermarket employees competing to be manager of a new location. Think Stifler did a great job. And finally isn't Stifler. Here's the trailer:



First thing I do when I touch concrete? Korean street food, yummy!

Photobucket

Checked in to the Seacloud Hotel. Turned on the tube for some Korean reality TV..

Photobucket

Next morning woke up to a beautiful view, Pusan's like the Cannes of Asia!

Photobucket

Met up with the Korean Film Council, led by the hilariously deadpan Roger Garcia..

Photobucket

Hit the street for meetings at the Paradise Hotel - super jetlagged!

Photobucket

Took a nice brisk walk that night..

Photobucket

Next night, had dinner with KOFIC and LEE Joo-ick (THE LAUNDRY WARRIOR) and OH Jung-wan(WOMAN ON THE BEACH), a couple of revered Korean producers. On our way to the CJ Entertainment party, Jung-wan made sure she got pretty!

Photobucket

The level of fanaticism at Pusan is wild. Seriously, like Korean Beatlemania! Tons of girls were going wild for this guy. I'm sorry to say I had no idea who he was. But still took his picture, woooo!

Photobucket

Producer and AFI Professor Barry Sabath, Oh Jung-wan, and myself.

Photobucket

All the Hoegaarden had me tired. That's beer okay. Back to my office where I got my grind on. Writing my new thriller entitled WINTER WAR..

Photobucket

The next night..

Photobucket

Filmmakers heisting beers.

Photobucket

Walking home, found my royal lap dog friend. It's been some time!

Photobucket

The next morning, saying goodbye. Breakfast with my new friend Viktoria Krestina.

Photobucket

No, she's not an actress. She's with Kino Film.

Photobucket

On my way to Seoul, some ominous news about the health of the Korean film industry.

Photobucket

No comments: