Danny Lee Lives

Friday, March 5, 2010

Brave New Media

Yesterday, I took a trip out west to have a round table lunch at the Viceroy in Santa Monica. Waiting for me were a few colleagues who know their s**t when it comes to the brave new frontier of new media. There's Doug Dicconson, VP of Biz Dev at Babelgum..

Photobucket

If you don't know, Babelgum is funded by an Italian billionaire and one of the few online channels who actually still buy content, instead of pitching you some half-ass, rev share pipe dream. There's one of my close collaborators Raymond Roker of URB.

Photobucket

Like most other ill-fated print mags in 2009 (i.e. Vibe, King, etc), it's no surprise that URB's printing press went dark too. But Raymond's a smart guy - together we're figuring out a way to push the brand into it's next life. There's Josh Glazer, URB's long-time editor..

Photobucket

And myself, anxious to eat my Mediterranean lamb wrap.

Photobucket

More later.

No comments: